The aviation industry needs Ramp Operators who are capable of working with minimal supervision within a team. With this New Zealand qualification, JNP Aviation Training will prepare you for employment in a highly regulated and safety critical work environment. This unique and exciting qualification is delivered on site in both classroom and ‘on the job’ environments.
Already working in an airport ground-based role? This ground handling programme can provide you with the skills, knowledge and qualification to support your current role and future aspirations.
Open entry for domestic students. There are no specific entry criteria that need to be met to enrol on this programme. However, after receiving your application we will arrange a meeting with you, to ensure you are picking the right programme for you.
The purpose of this qualification is to recognise individuals who have attained the skills required to safely perform aviation ground handling operations in air cargo or ramp. The aviation industry will benefit by having Ramp Operators who are capable of working with minimal supervision within a team.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
• Communicate effectively to contribute to group performance.
• Comply with health and safety rules relevant to their role in ground operations.
• Handle dangerous goods and hazardous items as required by international aviation regulations.
• Comply with security rules applicable to airports when performing ground operations.
Graduates of the Ramp Operations strand will also be able to:
• Carry out safe and appropriate loading and off-loading from various aircraft types, ensuring correct load distribution on an aircraft, the preparation of rolling stock, and operating of necessary Ground Support Equipment (GSE) in support of the ramp operation.
Holders of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to work as Ramp Operators. Ramp operators may progress to become Aircraft Loading Leads, Push Back Operators, or Load Controllers or Ramp Services Mangers.
To achieve this qualification, trainees must at all times comply with the relevant aviation regulatory authority, Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), or New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) security vetting standards.
Intakes for 2023 are being confirmed. Please contact JNPAT to find out more email@example.com
Talk to your JNPAT representive today
2023 start dates to be confirmed for February
22 weeks (includes 2 weeks study break)
JNP Aviation Training, Hangar 8, Aerodrome Road, Mount Maunganui
4 - 5 days per week
Blended – On the job and in the classroom
• Approximately $5500 (gst inclusive)
• Currently discussions underway with local Iwi around funding of student fees
Subject to NZQA approvals (PPE and all course related equipment will be provided at no cost)
Not available to international students
May be future inclusion
If you're interested in taking part in this course we'd love to hear from you.Register your interest
For more detailed information about the course download our PDF.